Gemini & Scorpio Present: Fourth Annual Masquerade Macabre
Gemini & Scorpio
cordially request your presence at
Halloween Saturday, Oct 27, Gowanus, BK, 21+
Main event: Brooklyn Lyceum, 227 4th Ave at President St
VIP absinthe den: G&S loft, location with ticket purchase
VIP 9:30pm-late, $30* / main event 10:30pm-5am, $20* / after 2am, $10
A marvellous and mysterious event…a Halloween celebration of the extravagant and the grotesque…an all-night spectacle of atmosphere, costumery and diverse entertainments…an explosion of live music, dancing, circus arts, fire and late-night revelry, snake-charmed into an absinthe-fueled early-morning speakeasy. Also, Miss Scorpio’s Birthday!
The main event takes over two full floors of Brooklyn Lyceum, a creepy and cavernous turn-of-century bathhouse with soaring ceilings and arched windows.
- Everyone’s favorite brass mayhem makers Hungry March Band
- Mesmerizing Tuvan-throat-singing-as-
- Virtuosic human beatboxing by Adam Matta
- Bloody Sweeney Todd cello tribute by Valerie Kuehne
- Blasphemous burlesque by Lewd Alfred Douglas
- Aerial artistry by Lisa Natoli
Two demonic dance floors:
- Handpicked eclectic DJs, including long-time favorites Joro Boro & Reaganomics
- Fantastical face & body painting by Painteresse Elyzabeth
- Frighteningly accurate fortunes told by practitioners of the occult arts
- Mystifying silver film likenesses produced in front your very eyes by Tsirkus Fotografika
VIP absinthe den, $30, 9:30pm-late:
A few blocks’ walk from the mayhem at the Lyceum is the G&S loft–2,000sq ft of brick walls and wood floors of classic raw Brooklyn goodness, with a huge roof. Open all night for only VIP-level tickets, it’ll be set up as a lush absinthe lounge with comfy seating and low light. Expect more live music and exotic beats by DJ Poodlecannon, plus a brass-led parade to the Lyceum for the official party start (you get acces to both). Absinthe and other mind-altering potions by The House of St Eve (yes, t.h.o.s.e. cocktails…).
*An additional $20 gets you a commemorative Masquerade Macabre hip flask engraved with the monster hybrid Victorian couple from the event flyer.
Inspiration: masked villainy, macabre carnival, aberrations of nature, cabinet of curiosities, dark Victoriana, evil funhouse, steampunk, Jan Svankmaier & Brothers Quay films, Freaks, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Think dark & creepy. Or dark & funny. Or whatever your Halloween costume happens to be. But if we have to ask, it’s not a costume.