The Reach A Waldorf Astoria Resort-Luxury in Key West
I discovered paradise, and a Caribbean playground right here in the United States at The Reach Resort, a proud member of the world’s most exclusive family of hotels, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. Boasting the only natural beach on the island as its backyard, this Key West hotel offers the perfect blend of soft white sand and breathtaking sunshine. The resort has played host to people like Carson Daly, celebrities Tyrese, Mandy Moore, English R&B singer Craig David, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Molly Sims, pop singer Bryan McFadden, veteran psychologist and advice columnist Dr. Joyce Brothers, and has been the set of a MTV special.
With a $32 million renovation in 2008, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort is a brilliant tropical playground that creates a sassy, sexy atmosphere along Key West´s only natural beach. The hotel hands down have the most comfortable beds in all of Florida! They also have some pretty great amenities like:
- 150 guest rooms, including 76 suites, on five floors, all with private balconies
- 4,706 square feet of flexible event space, for business meetings or awards banquets
- Heated outdoor swimming pool, to melt your stress away
- Private natural-sand beach, the only one in Key West, in our backyard
- Massage studio and spa services, offering indoor and outdoor body and facial treatments at our sister property Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Strip House restaurant, featuring mouth-watering steaks and seafood
- Nearby Key West golf courses, for beginners or pros
- Dedicated concierge, arranging everything from equipment rentals to local excursions
- Airport shuttle
- Overnight parking
- High-speed Wireless Internet access, in all guest rooms, suites, and meeting areas
- Delicious gourmet coffee, tea, and a Verismo Brewer
- Plush robes and high end toiletries
All amenities hold up to Waldorf Astoria standards. Take a peak at the property right now through their live Earthcam.
Another perk is the fact that the beachfront resort works directly with Barefoot Billy’s, located directly on the beach. You get easy access to an array of exciting activities from snorkeling to scuba diving and charter fishing trips. Race the surf on a jet ski. Kayak on the rolling waves. Embark on an afternoon adventure with a large fleet of scooters and bicycles for easy transportation around town. Everything you need for an unforgettable stay is just steps away from our oceanfront hotel.
Key West is the the only Caribbean island in the United States, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort is surrounded by a thrilling variety of attractions and activities. Search for famous shipwrecks. See the breathtaking riches discovered by one of the world’s greatest treasure hunters. Visit the home where Ernest Hemingway wrote some of his best-loved works. Quaint Old Town, museums, historic homes, and aquariums are just minutes from our seaside resort. And Duval Street – with its unique shopping, delectable dining, and vibrant nightlife – is only a mile away.
And now getting there is easier than it has ever been! Visitors can fly nonstop between Key West and both New York City and Washington, D.C., when U.S. Airways and Delta Airlines expanded seasonal service to the Florida Keys. Delta Airlines is offering direct flights between New York’s LaGuardia Airport and the island city each Saturday from March 2 through April 6, 2013.
While in Key West you must have a conch fritter at Mallory Square and watch the sunset during the daily “Sunset Celebration”, try the local delicacy Wahoo fish, visit the Southernmost point in the continental United States where you are merely 90 miles from Cuba, and of course have some key lime pie!
1435 Simonton Street
Key West, Florida 33040
Mosaka Williamson Editor in Chief of Socially Superlative
Native New Yorker, free spirit, traveler, pescetarian.