The Jefferson Hotel Richmond Virginia
Spring is just around the corner, and it is the perfect opportunity to get away! The Historic Richmond Region has something for everyone, whether you are passionate about history, the arts, gardens, architecture, theme parks, whitewater rafting, golf, shopping, dining, festivals, plantations, museums, NASCAR or sports. Richmond is Easy to Love! IN the heart of this historically beautiful city lays the prestigious luxury Jefferson Hotel.
It is estimated that between $5 and $10 million went into planning, building and furnishing the hotel, with nearly $2 million of this amount spent on construction. The planning and building process took nearly three years with Lewis Ginter supervising every detail. As a centerpiece for the upper lobby, The Palm Court, Ginter commissioned Richmond sculptor, Edward V. Valentine, to create a life-size image of Thomas Jefferson from Carrara marble.
In addition to the hotel’s rich history (it even has its own museum!!!), true elegance and southern hospitality the amenities are unmatched and include:
- The Fitness Center at The Jefferson: Whether you prefer cardiovascular exercise equipment, weight training machinery or free weights, there is a wide selection of the most up-to-date equipment at your disposal.
- Massage Treatments: Swedish, deep tissue and sports massage treatments may be received in our calming on-site treatment rooms or in the comfort of your guestroom. The following rates apply:
- Indoor Swimming Pool: The indoor swimming pool allows guests to bathe beneath the sun or star-lit skylights. Lined by palm plants and wicker furniture, it is a relaxing refuge for the weary business or leisure traveler. The outdoor sundeck allows sun seekers a place to bask in privacy.
- Concierge: The friendly and efficient concierge staff is available to assist you with your every need or request including- General hotel information and history, Restaurant reservations, Richmond information, brochures and directions, theater and performance tickets, Sightseeing and tour information, Babysitting services, Airline, rental car and Amtrak reservations; including their complimentary transportation to downtown destinations (advance reservations required), Floral and gift deliveries, and cell phone rentals.
- The Business Center: The Business Center, located in President’s Hall, maintains an extensive inventory of office supplies and offers service to all Hotel guests including, typing, shredding, photocopying, laser printing, notary services, packing and shipping, and facsimile services.
The hotel is no stranger to celebs, presidents, and even athletes including: Madeline Albright,Neil Diamond,Tony Blair, Julius Erving, Warren Beatty, Tony Bennett, Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Michael J. Fox, Morgan Freeman, Jerry Garcia, Richard Gere, James Brown, President George H. Bush and Mrs. Bush, Scott Hamilton, Tom Hanks, President Harrison, Ray Charles, Sir Edmond Hillary, Rosemary Clooney, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Magic Johnson,President Coolidge,Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Katie Couric, Patrick Dempsey, Jude Law, LL Cool J, Jerry Seinfeld, Governor Chris Christie, Elvis, Presisdent Reagan, Steven Spielberg, and so many more!
There are many things that make this hotel truly amazing like the fact that you can genuinely get lost in it, they have a magnificent Christmas tree display during the holidays, a turn down service that is unmatched, amazing staff, televisions in the mirrors in the bathrooms (yes indeed!). The Jefferson is perfect for meetings, weddings, it is one of the Historic Hotels of America, there are imported palm trees, a fountain that once contained live alligators (one not so alive greets you as you enter the hotel). Through the changes, remodeling, fires, and transformations the hotel has become an integral part of the social and cultural history of Richmond.
101 WEST FRANKLIN ST, RICHMOND, VIRGINIA
Plan your stay HERE
P.S. The old fashioned telephone pictured in the photo gallery works!
Images via Mike Lindwasser & The Jefferson Hotel
Mosaka Williamson Editor in Chief of Socially Superlative
Native New Yorker, free spirit, traveler, pescetarian.